Thursday, April 12, 2012

Indonesia Earthquake

    Hello everybody.  As most of us know, there was a massive earthquake in Indonesia yesterday.  I was told that it reached 8.1 on the Richter scale, which is really big, and there was even an aftershock of 8.2.  The Indonesians were unknown to having an earthquake, so that was the worst part.  Hopefully, most people are okay and safe.
    Pico has opened up an Indonesia Earthquake Park.  It isn't much, but it was still thoughtful.  This was like the park when Japan had an earthquake.


    Since the Indonesian flag is red and white, I decided to wear red and white to show my concern.



    I want to share something that I was informed by my sister.  She was one of the many first visitors of this park when it first came out yesterday.  When she got there, she was a little bit disappointed that there wasn't much in the park.  However, her disappointment was not even harsh compared to others.  She was telling me how people were joking about the park.  People were saying things like, "Wow, I waited for 8 people for this?", "I only came because I thought there was going to be a shop.", "Hey, maybe if we sat on the stumps, there would be an earthquake!", "No, that's stupid.  If we sat on the stumps, little Indonesians would come running out and start screaming all over the place."  These things are rude and insulting.  If there was a massive earthquake in the country you were living in, how would you feel?  Pico created this park so people could exchange information about the earthquake.  This is not a joke.  To those who are believers of God, please pray for the people in Indonesia.  Pray that they would be safe, and to have hope that everything will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment