Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Are You That Desperate For Ameba Gold?

    Sorry guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything.  I just haven't found anything to write about, but I found something that really got me mad.  I was scrolling through the events when I found this:


    I don't know if it's just me, but something about this event seems a little peculiar.  If someone is suffering from cancer, how does donating Ameba Gold help exactly?  It makes no sense, so the only conclusion that I can assume from this is that this guy, "Trey" lied about having a sister suffering from cancer just to get Ameba Gold for his own selfish reasons.  How can anybody go to the extent of being that desperate for Ameba Gold that you would lie about cancer?!  You can't just go around lying about cancer.  Cancer is not a joke.  It's serious, and lying about it is absolutely wrong and sick.  It really sickens me that someone would do this.  He's telling us to be "generous" for his own selfish reasons.  What an awful person.

    I want to warn everybody about these types of scams.  If you ever see events about giving out Ameba Gold, or asking for Ameba Gold, don't do it.  First of all, if someone was going to "give" you Ameba Gold, why would they be so proud to announce it through the events for everyone to see?  Who would waste their own money to give to random strangers?  That's just silly.  Most importantly, never give out your password and email to strangers.  If you trust your friends enough, that's okay I suppose.  Second, the person doesn't even need your email or password to give you Ameba Gold actually.  You can simply open up your Ameba Gold earning/buying window through a separate tab, and you can take the URL of that, transfer it to TinyURL, then give the shortened URL to that person.  They don't need all your personal information to give you Ameba Gold.  Third, events that say, "Click my URL and then click Skip Ad", don't do it.  The idea behind this is that when you click their URL, it will take you to a random page, and once you click Skip Ad, the person with that URL is gaining money through PayPal every time you click their URL.  There is no harm here in clicking their URL, but why would you want to do it?  You're not benefiting from this, so why should you do this for someone else's own selfish reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment